Covid-19 School Closures- DORSET
All schools are closed. We are running a skeleton child care provision in most schools but only for the children of critical workers and vulnerable children. This is a last resort option for parents who have no alternative. The Government message about staying home is clear. The best place for children is at home so travel and contact is minimised. We thank all those staff in our schools for all they are doing both in schools and to help provide some continued learning. We appreciate the support from parents during this most challenging of times.
If your child has symptoms which are
* A high temperature (37.8 degrees or higher)
* A new, continuous cough
They should stay at home for 14 days and avoid all but necessary contact with others.
You can help to slow down the spread of the Coronavirus.
* Make sure that you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any virus.
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick
* If you feel unwell, stay at home and don't attend work or school
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands
* Clean and disinfect surfaces in the home
* Follow the 2 metre social distancing rule
* STAY AT HOME, STAY SAFE
* If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111 or your GP but don't go directly to your GP.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline. This helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education.
Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline on
* Phone 0800 046 8687
*Opening hours 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Helping your child with their worries.
We know that some children are worried about the COVID-19 virus and what it means for their friends and families.
Here are some links that may support you and your child;