The school is exploring the option of moving into a Multi Academy Trust alongside a number of Sturminster Newton cluster schools.
A memorandum of understanding sets out the vision and ethos of the proposal.
A parent consultation will be held on Monday 7th November at the Sturminster Newton High School at 7pm.
Please come along and hear a presentation regarding the proposals. You will also be able to answer any questions.
Academy proposal Frequently Asked Questions
Dear Parents and visitors, please see the above document for common questions regarding the proposal.
Anti-Bullying Week and Safeguarding Week 1
Information and Posters click on the zip
Anti-Bullying Week and Safeguarding Week 2
This week (beginning 19th Nov) is National Anti-Bullying Week and Dorset Safeguarding Week.
The Zip files above have posters and information leaflets about bullying, cyber bullying and other safeguarding issues for children and adults. Further down this list of news are links to other bullying information we have shared in the past including information and videos about safe internet use and cyberbullying.
Ofsted Report September 2012
15th October 2012
Our Ofsted Inspection Report has been released and is available on our website (www.stalbridge.dorset.sch.uk) as a download. Hard copies of the report can be collected from the school office.
We are very pleased with the report - it is very positive about the school's work.
The inspectors observed the school's work by visiting lessons (17 in all), looking at children's books, hearing children read, talking to staff, parents and children and studying data on children's attainment and evidence of children's behaviour and safety.
The Inspectors concluded that:
• The overall effectiveness of the school is GOOD
• The achievement of pupils is GOOD
• The quality of teaching is GOOD
• The behaviour and safety of pupils is OUTSTANDING
• The leadership and management is GOOD
These judgements confirm the school's own self-evaluation judgements and reflects the new Ofsted framework for Inspection (Sept 2012).
Ofsted saw many areas of good, outstanding and exemplary practice. For example
• Pupils thoroughly enjoy school. Relationships between pupils, families and school staff are highly positive.
• Teaching across the school leads to high levels of enjoyment and engagement from pupils. Relationships between pupils and staff are very respectful and productive with most teachers having high expectations of their classes.
• The school has improved since its previous inspection because leaders have sharply focused on ensuring that teachers make good use of assessment to inform teaching and learning.
They concluded we were not yet an outstanding school overall because:
• a minority of teachers are not always challenged sufficiently to further improve aspects of their teaching, and
• occasionally lesson introductions continue for too long constraining the pace and challenge presented to the pupils.
For the school to improve further Ofsted would like to see the quality of teaching lifted from good to outstanding. This is always a goal for the school and we will continue to focus on this.
We would encourage you to read the full report which is enclosed. We are very proud of all aspects of the report
Mr Allen, Mr McAney Mrs Brown (Leadership Team on behalf of the staff)
Mr K Allen Miss L Hinks (Chair and Vice Chair on behalf of the governors)
Reading and Writing Newsletter
Please click on the link to read the Reading and Writing Newsletter. It gives details of workshops on phonics, handwriting and reading with your child. There are also details of Book Week (beginning Monday 1st October) including Dressing Up Day and Extreme Reading!!
E-Safety Parental Information
There will be another opportunity to learn about E-Safety Online in the Spring Term (2013).
You can download these very important tips to keep your child/children safe online.
Cyber Bullying and Safe Social Networking Information
Here are the useful websites to help with cyber bullying:
www.digizen.org (Joe's Story - video)
www.thinkuknow.co.uk (Jigsaw video, the wmv file above should go direct to this)
www.teachernet.gov.uk/publications (Cyberbullyingleaflet ref: 00685-2008LEF-EN)
www.spectorsoft.com (Internet Monitoring software)
©2009-2017 Design: School Creations | Content: Stalbridge Church of England Primary School | Admin Login